MORE IMPORTANTLY, IS YOUR ORGANIZATION GRANT READY?
A resilient community integrates the core principles of emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and hazard mitigation. Achieving and documenting an elevated level of readiness within these facets is not easy. It requires operational experience, subject matter expertise, facilitation skills, polished writing, editing, an understanding of current best practices, robust project management, and critical thinking skills. That is what we bring to the table.
It means your organization has the people and systems to successfully research, pursue, and manage grants regardless of the grantor, grant type, or project complexity. This includes having policies in place to govern procurement, civil rights, conflicts of interest, and all other requirements that flow down with the receipt of grant funds.
As communities grow, the demand for new infrastructure and services is endless. Securing funding from federal programs, such as the IIJA, is imperative to meet this demand. For many jurisdictions, it is nearly impossible to maintain or replace critical infrastructure without the financial support of grants.
Investing time and money in your grant readiness now will continue to help your organization later. Jurisdictions that took advantage of the
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) in 2009 found themselves well prepared to maximize COVID-19 funding, as well as having projects already in the funding pipeline for IIJA.
HOW CAN WITT O'BRIEN'S HELP YOU BECOME GRANT READY?
Witt O’Brien’s has helped more than 140 states, local governments, and NGOs across the nation rapidly operationalize billions in federal funds. Our grant professionals are here to support your organization with a Grants Tool-Kit of services, which can be accessed on an “a la carte” basis or as a complete package.
- Evaluation and recommendation of grant sources
- Program management planning and implementation, including oversight of program vendors and sub-recipients
- Grant writing
- Support with regulatory, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Development of equity frameworks
- Innovative approaches to community resiliency and initiative sustainability
- Staff training and professional development
- Assistance in working with community-based organizations and other local stakeholders
- Enterprise IT system implementation and/or integration
- Data-management templates, tools, and reporting systems
- Financial and budget management
- Auxiliary staffing support and augmentation
- After-action and performance reviews